A career within Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for complex financial reporting issues around deals and other transformational events. You’ll tackle client’s needs with a solution oriented approach that creatively addresses complex financial reporting problems for high profile transactions and you’ll have significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers.
As an Intern/Trainee, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred Major GPA: 3.3
Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
The selected individual will participate as a team member with senior CMAAS practitioners and other professionals on a daily basis. This includes demonstrating knowledge of the following that include , but is not limited to:
- Performing in-depth client, industry, market, and competitor research;
- Researching, analyzing and communicating the impact of accounting standards and financial reporting requirements to complex deals and transactions;
- Helping clients anticipate and navigate the financial reporting and accounting implications associated with planned or contemplated transactions;
- Working with other professional advisors such as bankers, lawyers, auditors, etc.;
- Identifying and addressing client needs, delivering clear requests for information, developing client relationships;
- Preparing memoranda and/or reports that communicate findings and recommendations to our clients concisely and effectively; and,
- Proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback on assigned projects.
The selected individual will be expected to have demonstrated some knowledge of and/or prior experience with, but not limited to, the following:
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks in a demanding deal oriented environment;
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- Researching technical matters, analyzing complex transactions and identifying key elements and issues that are important to reach sound conclusions;
- Understanding the interplay between the underlying economics and intent of transactions and their potential impact on the financial statements;
- Communicating technical concepts in a manner that is understandable to clients and staff; and,
- Conducting independent research and gain an understanding of complex accounting and financial reporting issues.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.