Faculty at STEM Preparatory Academy will be responsible for planning, enacting, and evaluating highly effective and ambitious instruction tailored to students’ needs. The successful applicants will be responsible for the delivery of a college preparatory curriculum aligned to the Common Core and State of Tennessee standards. Moreover, all teachers are responsible for cultivating and sustaining the STEM Prep culture of excellence and achievement through modeling learning and leadership behaviors for students, teachers, parents, and all members of the community. Teachers report to the Academic Deans and School Director.
- Plan, deliver, and assess highly effective instruction aligned to national and state content standards, and internal STEM Prep goals and benchmarks.
- Enact the STEM Prep college preparatory curriculum using evidence-based instructional practices tailored to students’ needs.
- Engage in continuous and sustained reflection on teaching practices and leadership behaviors, and adapt methods as needed to achieve school goals and performance objectives.
- Develop strong and sustained relationships with parents and members of the community by creating opportunities for involvement in students’ learning and development.
- Plan and collaborate with STEM Prep teachers and colleagues to reach shared goals and objectives.
- Foster a motivating, supportive, learning-centered culture of excellence in a well-structured and managed classroom.
- Be innovative. Create exciting and engaging, inquiry-oriented learning activities.
Characteristics & Qualifications:
- A commitment to STEM Preparatory Academy and its values; an understanding of STEM Preparatory Academy’s mission and unwavering commitment to fulfill it.
- A self-starter interested in working in a fast-paced, startup environment that requires flexible roles.
- A high level of personal integrity and professionalism.
- An unwavering commitment to high academic achievement and high expectations of all students.
- A capacity to motivate and lead in order to yield the highest academic performance possible from all students.
- A team-oriented approach and the ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to give constructive feedback to facilitate student growth and academic achievement.
- Openness to receive feedback on issues that will facilitate growth and achievement of both students and faculty.
- Experience in working with middle grades students in urban environments.
- Evidence of advancing student achievement on state assessments required if candidate has prior teaching experience. If candidate does not have prior teaching experience, evidence of achieving ambitious goals required.
- Experience in working with English Language Learners preferred.
- State teaching certification/license and achievement of Highly Qualified status required. Dual certifications and endorsements preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Emails to contact if you have any questions: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org