Kessel Run, given its high-profile in the technology and defense industries, is uniquely positioned to enable devops security engineers to have a major impact within the Air Force and the DoD.
Detecting internal threats is a challenging problem that Kessel Run Security teams face every day. To solve this problem, you will need to combine software engineering, data science and investigative skills. As a member of the DevOps Security team you will use your skills to develop the tools to aid in identifying suspicious activity and preventing system anomalies from within the organization.
If you are someone who wants to be on the cutting edge of a high-profile industry, who wants to make an impact by pushing the fields of devops, data science and security forward, you may be the perfect candidate to help us on our mission.
• Develop tools to aid in identifying internal threats through log data and forensic evidence • Work with investigators to determine requirements and timelines
• Participate in the investigative process when required as an SME
• Coordinate and assist information security teams when needed
• Act as the software engineering lead for Global Security team projects
• Experience in Agile and Kanban methodologies.
• Demonstrated mastery in leading technical discussions and blending a combination of ideas into agreed-upon test concepts and test designs.
• Must be able to manage timelines and estimate work efforts.
• Demonstrate mastery in presenting complex ideas to audiences of all skill levels and backgrounds. • Lead by example, inspire and motivate others.
• Strong written/oral communication skills; ability to articulate thoughts/opinions on tools/processes clearly.
• Ability to work in an iterative, agile development environment.
• Bachelors/Masters preferably in computer science and from a reputable institution with at least 5 years of software engineering experience.
• Experience with the use of a wide array of algorithms and data structures.
• Experience with data pipelines and model deployments is a bonus
• Experience in information security strongly desired but not required
• Ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely.
• Ability to contribute on code reviews and evaluation.
• Understanding of data storage, ETL, and analysis basics
• Knowledge and expertise in working with a variety of databases, operating systems & networking fundamentals, software design and programming best practices.
• Strong experience with 2 of the following: Java, Python, C, or Go.
• Experience in working with multicultural, broad and highly complex engineering teams distributed globally and/or projects and programs which are diverse in scope.
• Ability to benchmark solutions and change course when necessary to overcome accuracy vs. efficiency problems
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate requirements.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and estimate the level of effort with loosely defined or changing requirements.
• Self-starter mentality and the ability to think outside the box
Able to thrive in a Dynamic and Innovative environment.