This Network Security Engineer will help build the network infrastructure for the Global Security team at Kessel Run. This will be an exciting fast paced role helping build the infrastructure that supports security and investigative efforts within the most innovative car company in the world. In this role you will be helping implement network solutions supporting investigations into internal threats around Kessel Run environments worldwide.
The Network Engineer is responsible for effective analysis and implementation of new technologies, review and troubleshooting of Kessel Run’s network infrastructure, and assisting in investigations into network misuse and compromise.
• Implementing and troubleshooting network infrastructure solutions including Cisco and Juniper routers, switches, wireless access points.
• Coordination with production network engineers to integrate into existing network infrastructure. • Managing network communications testing, installation, and support, including LAN and WAN systems.
• Facilitating incident management with circuit providers to expedite outage resolutions.
• Analyzing existing infrastructure for signs of compromise and interpret log data from network devices
• Identifying and diagnosing problems affecting network performance using software and hardware tools
• Informing Infrastructure Solution Designs as established by Kessel Run Engineering Services
• Ensuring that infrastructure for remote offices and central data center facilities adhere to organizational standards
• Working with other team members, providers and customers to design, implement and support new and existing infrastructure solutions.
• Creating Infrastructure documentation
• Staying current on industry trends and new technologies that may increase efficiency or decrease costs associated with installed systems and future technology initiatives
• Acting as liaison with production information technology and information security teams for network infrastructure issues.
• Woringk with Global Security team personnel to provide solutions to technical challenges worldwide
• Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and training.
• CCNA, JNCIP, CISSP or equivalent industry certifications are beneficial
• Configuration and management experience of LAN/WAN technologies
• Proficiency with routers, switches and firewalls
• Knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP)
• Working knowledge of managing telecom issues
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when troubleshooting issues
• High level of customer care skills and demonstration of change agility around environment and technology
• Intrapersonal skills to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among support and project stakeholders
• Familiarity with network monitoring tools (Splunk,Cacti, Scrutinizer, Solarwinds, Extrahop)
• Ability to travel domestic and international if required
Clearance or ability to acquire clearance required