What you’ll do
• As a member of a small cross functional squad, you’ll own a particular platform and/or infrastructure challenge at Kessel Run
• Design and document systems, including writing and reviewing code, to automate away problems within your squad’s domain
• Undertake measured, methodical, troubleshooting of complicated systems under pressure
• Partake in an on-call rotation alongside the engineers who build our production backend
• Work from our office in Boston, MA, USA.
Who you are
• An interest in developing deep knowledge of a component of the Kessel Run platform and a passing familiarity with all layers of the platform stack. You should be confident discussing in detail what’s going on under the hood, and tracking down a team member to ask questions when you are not.
• You are or want to become comfortable with large scale production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and configuration management
• You have or want to earn a track record of designing and executing small to medium scale systems automation projects with strong autonomy
• You have or want to develop strong coding skills in at least one programming language, and a desire to pick up more. We work primarily in Python, Java, with smatterings of shell script, Ruby, and Angular.
• You are familiar with and enthusiastic for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
• You have a passion for solving problems using open source software
• You thrive in a rapidly evolving, globally distributed environment