We are looking for a Network Automation Engineer in Boston. This position's responsibility is to automate network operation tasks through creation and maintenance of scripting and tools with the objective of proactively ensuring the reliability and availability of Kessel Run’s network. The Network Automation Engineer is expected to develop best practices and keep our network tools up to date with inventory and topologies. (What tools are we going to be using here? Solarwinds, Airwave, Lighthouse, Netbrain?)
• Utilize scripting including Python and NETCONF to automate network device provisioning process, execute network changes and obtain data collection for reporting or analysis.
• Maintain and support automation framework and scripts
• Develop automation process for on-boarding new devices to monitoring system
• Develop and maintain tools to reduce downtime in network operations, improve speed and accuracy of network changes, assist in diagnosis and remediation of advanced network problems and drive innovative solutions to reduce failure tensors
• Automate network deployment and data collection tasks to enhance the productivity and validity of the results
• Model network configuration and operational data in a platform neutral structure
• Develop testing platforms to detect network configuration inconsistencies before changes are made
• Build reports to gain intelligence about the network and detect errors early
• Document scripting standards with written procedures, processes, diagrams and other technical documents
• Automate network monitoring and alerts triage as part of a proactive approach to maintaining a high level of service
• Integrate network tools with Kessel Run ticketing system to improve the overall efficiency of the Kessel Run operation
• Participate in on call activities and follow escalation process to provide 24/7 network support
• 5+ years of industry experience in Network Engineering is a must.
• Experience in protocols including TCP/IP, STP, SNMP, DHCP, BGP, OSPF and IPSec
• Knowledge about Distributed Systems, SDN/NFV, Public/Private cloud technologies • Experience using DevOps tools such as Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Splunk • Experience in integration with various applications using REST and SOAP.
• Hands-on programming experience with scripting languages like Python, GoLang & web-frameworks such as Flask, Django, HTML/CSS
• Experience with centralized device monitoring and management tools such as Solarwinds, Netbrain, OpenNTI
• Degree in computer science or equivalent in relevant work experience
• Ability to effectively juggle and multi-tasking. Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure
• Ability to work within a global team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision.
• Coding experience using Go, Java, Python
• Certifications such as JNCIA or CCNA is beneficial • Experience with firewall policy orchestration tools
• Experience with SD-WAN deployment
Experience with using Terraform, Packer, and Ansible